This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Newport Beach. All opinions are 100% mine.
A few weeks ago we decided that we were going to cut back on a few things, including going out to eat, to try and save money to take a real vacation. My husband and I have never been anywhere, not even on a honeymoon. We spent our honeymoon money on a down payment for a new house! Priorities, right??
Our kids have been begging us for years to go somewhere that is out of the state. Unfortunately, this has always been hard since my husband owns his own small business. If he is not there things come to a stand still...not good! But, my kids are growing up. I am sad. I need to experience everything I can with them before they don't want to hang with me anymore. I need to take them on a real vacation.
I am not a huge fan of the fast paced, commercialized vacations. I like laid back, quality family time activities. So, when I was approached by Visit Newport Beach it was like it was meant to be. Newport Beach is a gorgeous, idyllic laid back beach town with beaches that are ranked in the 10 best for families. The Newport Beach video drew me instantly!
I knew I had to dig into deeper and check this place out. I love it when you can go to one website and get all of the information that you need to make your vacation plans. The Visit Newport Beach site does an excellent job of making vacation planning simple. On this site you can choose a tab such as "What to Do" or "Where to Stay" and get all of the information that you need to find a hotel or destination and make reservations. Perfect!
We are an outdoorsy family. We love water and all things associated with it. Within minutes I had a complete vacation planned that met all of our outdoorsy needs. Here's what we would do:
1. Take a whale watching cruise with Newport Landing Spearfishing and Whale Watching. You can't do any whale watching here in South Dakota!
2. Go sailing in Newport Bay. We have sailing in South Dakota on a river...cannot even imagine what it would feel like on the ocean!
3. Take a photo walking tour. This tour hosted by TourWalking.com takes you on a walking tour led by a professional photographer who gives you photo tips on the way.
4. Hiking in Upper Newport Bay
5. A vacation would not be complete without a kayak adventure. China Cove Kayak Adventures offers a kayak tour of the Newport Harbor which includes viewing multimillion dollar yachts (totally cool) and a trip to Pirates Cove Beach, where Gilligans Island and Gidget were filmed!
6. Newport Beach also has neumerous kids camps. I found one at Newport Sea Base that offers week and day camps for kids that focus on things like sailing, canoeing, kayaking, and basic water skills. How fun!!
I would love to hear some feedback if anyone has ever had the pleasure of experiencing this amazing place and of course would love any other suggestions on places to visit while we are there.
When we are done on our adventures we would head back to our hotel. My kids love hotels...totally their favorite part of a vacation. So, where we stay is super important. I found the Hyatt Regency Newport Beach Hotel to meet all of our needs.
Can you imagine a hotel with 3 outdoor pools, golf course, bike rentals, volleyball, table tennis, shuffleboard, and tennis courts?? Ok, this would blow my kids minds!! And they allow pets, which is an essential for us!! I love that they are a family friendly destination and even have a special if you buy one room you can get a connecting room for the kids at 50% off. With three kids this is essential. If you are headed this way call 1-800-233-1234 for more details.
While the kids and hubby are hanging at the pool, I will definitely be headed to the boutique shops at Balboa Island Marine Ave. Probably taking a lot of pics and blogging about them the next day ;)
Sounds like a fabulous vacation. Now is the time to get away from the hustle and bustle and make memories with my family!!