It has been a crazy busy week with birthdays and school end activities. But, I am happy to announce that my window box makeover is finally done!
For several years I had white chippy wire flower boxes (which had a very hard time keeping water in them). Last year I decided that I wanted to switch them out for something wooden. We went with something simple and I knew that I needed to embellish them as soon as we got them up.
Here are the before pics…yes, I still have leftover Christmas décor in them.
The idea was to create a semi-rustic (is that a word??) chevron look. I wanted the wood to look like it was reclaimed without having to go scavenging for it. I found bundles of yard stakes at Menards for $6/24 stakes. I bought two bundles and began measuring and cutting.
This process would have been way simpler had the boxes not been attached to the house and if the second box was not on the second story. Picture me climbing two sets of stairs and then hanging out of the second story window to measure and then attach each and every board.
Then imagine that you had a mama and papa bird dive bombing you every time that you stuck your head out the window. Here is why they were so mad…
Three baby birds nestled in my top box…in my Christmas décor!
It has all been worth it.
Here are a few pics of the “in progress” look.
And then the final product.
No flowers in the upper boxes yet. Waiting for the birds to vacate.
I like the little bit of color that they add to the front of the house. The flowers are freshly added and will all expand and start streaming out of the box…I can’t wait!! I used Vinca Vines, Wave Petunias in pink and purple, Marguerite Sweet Potato Vines, Red Verbena, and Festive Dance Coleus.
Thanks for stopping by and checking out my new boxes!! Have a great weekend!
I don’t always make to all of these parties every week but I sure do love them all!
Our Delightful HomeThe Artsy Girl Connection 52 Mantels
Thank you to all of these amazing sites that are so gracious to host each week!Pin It