You may have seen that I have been trying to get all of my trim work painted.
Unfortunately, my personality does not like to accept the fact that paint needs time to dry. I have tried to be more patient and frankly it never works! It has caused my to have some issues with my projects in the past. But, this time I had a plan…yeah!
Why not have several projects going at one time…smart, huh? That way I can work on other things while my paint dries…I am so brilliant!
I needed pillows to go on the two chairs that I have in my bedroom. I contemplated recovering the chairs and decided that maybe just having new pillows would work. You can let me know what you think.
First, I started with a roll of muslin that I found for $3.99/yd.(but of course had a coupon for 50% off)! I measured the back of the chairs to determine what size the pillows needed to be and cut it out with my handy dandy rotary cutter.
Then I quickly sewed up the sides. My room is such a disaster right now and I certainly didn’t feel like hauling my machine downstairs so I had to sit “criss -cross applesauce” on my floor to get it done!
Then I stuffed the pillows. Pillow inserts would have looked way better but you have to use what you have on hand I guess.
I have worked out a few of the lumps since this photo was taken.
Then I hand sewed little crocheted flowers onto the pillow. Found the the flowers at the Hobby Lobby for $2.99 plus 50% off. Probably cheaper than I could have made them for…if I knew how to crochet!
Aren’t they cute!
Would love to know what you think of them!
I have been saying it for a few weeks now, but this may be the week that I finally get my master bedroom d-o-n-e!! And if I do, you will be able to see these lovelies in their complete element! No promises though!
Have a great day!